FIRST. "The Assistant Physician shall perform" the "duties, and be subject to the responsibility of the Superintendent, in his sickness or absence, and" he "may call to his aid, for the time being, such medical assistance, as he may deem necess...
1. The Assistants will be employed with the Attendants in the care of the patients, their rooms, clothing, etc.; they will be under the immediate direction and control of the Attendants; and they are expected to observe with care the rules prescribe...
1. Those employed in the wards in the care of the patients, as their Attendants, should remember that their first duty is to treat them with unvarying kindness, respect and attention. Feelings of mutual good will, can, with few exceptions, be succes...
1. The Carpenter, who is also Engineer, shall have charge of the work-shop, tools, etc., belonging to his department of labor; he shall, with his Assistants, who will be subject to his direction, attend to the repairs, alterations, and improvements ...
1. It shall be the duty of the Clerk to keep a correct account, in a book provided for that purpose, of all supplies received by the Steward under contract, or purchased by him under direction of the Superintendent. He shall keep a careful account o...
1. The Farmer, under the direction and control of the Steward, shall have under his immediate charge, the lands used for farming purposes; the farming implements, the horses, cattle, hogs, chickens and produce of the farm, together with the hay, gra...
1. The Gardener, with the aid of such patients as can be taken out for that purpose, shall have the care of the orchard, garden, and grounds around the Asylum and Physician's house; he shall have charge of the cultivation of the vegetables, fruits a...
1. Persons employed in the service of the Asylum will learn that character, proper deportment, and faithfulness to duty, will alone keep them in the situations in which they are placed; and they should consider well, before entering upon service, ...
1. The Library of the male department shall be under the charge of the Supervisor. Every volume taken therefrom shall be charged to the borrower, except for the use of the patients, when it shall be charged to the Attendant, into whose ward it is ta...
1. The Matron shall have charge of the female department of the Asylum. It will be expected of her to be with the female patients, in all the wards, as much as possible; see that they are kindly treated; that their food is properly cooked, served an...
1. The meals of the patients shall be served promptly at the following hours: Breakfast. Dinner. Supper. December, } January, } 7 A. M. 1 P. M. 7 P. M. February. } March, } April, ...
Overseers Of Laundry
1. The Overseers of the laundry will have charge of the house and furniture of the laundry; they will be held responsible for the safe-keeping of the clothing delivered to them, until they shall be washed, ironed and returned, in a suitable conditio...
1. The time of service of the Porter commences and ends in alternation with that of night watchman. Cleaning, heating and lighting the front rooms of the centre building belong to him; he shall see that the front windows and doors are kept secured d...
The Resident Physician, who shall also be the Superintendent, shall be the chief executive officer of the Asylum; he shall have the general superintendence of the buildings, grounds, and property, subject to the laws and regulations of the Trustee...
1. The Steward shall have a general oversight of the business of the farm, garden, grounds, fences and buildings; he shall assist in maintaining the police regulations of the Asylum, observe the deportment of those employed in subordinate positions,...
Overseers Of Laundry